UNIT GROUP 2385 PHYSIOTHERAPISTS
PHYSIOTHERAPISTS assess and treat disorders of movement caused by injury or disease.
The entry requirement for this unit group is a bachelor degree or higher qualification.
- treating patients to reduce pain, improve circulation, strengthen muscles, improve cardio-thoracic, cardio-vascular and respiratory functions, restore joint mobility, improve balance and coordination
- administering muscle, nerve, joint and functional ability tests to identify and assess physical problems of patients
- using the therapeutic properties of exercise, heat, cold, massage, manipulation, hydrotherapy, electrotherapy, ultraviolet and infra-red light and ultrasound in the treatment of patients
- instructing patients and their families in procedures to be continued at home
- recording treatments given and patients' responses and progress
Follow us on...Like us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Instagram