2299-13 Records Manager
Designs, implements and administers record systems and related information services, to support efficient access, movement, updating and storage of files and other organisational records.
The entry requirement for this occupation is a bachelor degree or higher qualification or at least 5 years relevant experience. In some instances relevant experience is required in addition to the formal qualification.
- analyses the record-keeping needs of an organisation, and translates these needs into record management systems
- maintains computerised and other record management systems and record forms, and advises on their usage
- trains staff in the use of record management systems
- controls access to confidential information, and recommends record access code of practice and procedures
- develops record coding and classification structures, and monitors their use
- extracts statistical and other data, based on the classification of recorded information
- assists with surveys and other research requiring access to recorded information
- conducts audits to identify missing records and arranges searches to retrieve them
- develops records disposal schedules and monitors their use
- processes requests under freedom of information legislation
Follow us on...Like us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Instagram