UNIT GROUP 9916 CONSTRUCTION AND PLUMBER'S ASSISTANTS
CONSTRUCTION AND PLUMBER'S ASSISTANTS perform routine tasks on building and construction sites and assist plumbers in the installation and maintenance of piping systems, fixtures and water regulators.
The entry requirement for this unit group is completion of compulsory secondary education or higher qualification.
- loading and unloading building and construction materials, tools and equipment and transporting them about building sites
- erecting and dismantling temporary structures such as barricades and scaffolding
- mixing, pouring and spreading materials such as concrete, plaster and mortar
- collecting and removing rubble and waste material from sites
- assisting with the assembly and installation of piping, valves and fittings
- assisting with the installation of fixtures such as toilets, wash basins and sprinkler systems
- maintaining and repairing plumbing systems under instruction
Follow us on...Like us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Instagram