Provides diagnostic, treatment and preventative medical services related to diseases, injuries and deficiencies of the human eye and associated structures.
The entry requirement for this occupation is a bachelor degree or higher qualification, one years hospital-based training, and at least 5 years specialist study and training. Registration or licensing is required.
- examines patients for symptoms indicative of ocular disorders
- performs tests to determine vision loss and the nature and extent of injury, disease or disorder
- performs eye surgery
- instructs patients in remedial eye exercises
- prescribes and administers medications and corrective optical appliances
- may arrange, supervise and fit artificial eyes and other orthotic
Follow us on...Like us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Instagram