2391-13 Radiation Therapist
Operates high energy X-ray and other radiation and electron generating and monitoring equipment to administer radiation treatment for medical purposes in conjunction with radiologists or other medical specialists.
The entry requirement for this occupation is a bachelor degree or higher qualification. Registration or licensing is required.
- treats patients according to prescriptions from medical oncology specialists
- calculates details of procedures such as length and intensity of exposure to radiation, size and strength of dosage of isotopes and settings of recording equipment
- explains procedures to patients
- positions patients and equipment to carry out procedures
- prepares radioactive materials for use in radiation treatments
Follow us on...Like us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Instagram