2536-21 Program Director (Radio or Television)
Compiles and directs programs for television and radio.
The entry requirement for this occupation is a bachelor degree or higher qualification or at least 5 years relevant experience. This occupation requires high levels of creative talent or personal commitment and interest as well as, or in place of, formal qualifications or experience.
- plans and organises the preparation and presentation of programs including major news bulletins, current affairs programs or special coverages, both pre-recorded and live to air
- briefs program guests and interviewers on subject matter to be discussed
- confers with specialists, such as technical producers to develop suitable sound and lighting effects, set designs, costumes and choreography
- supervises the implementation of visual and dramatic effects
- monitors incoming communications from news sources such as foreign correspondents
- liaises with network editors, senior producers and directors, graphics staff, other program departments and outside news or program sources
- directs field crews on program assignments
- assists in the development of news and program policies and the presentation and style of bulletins and programs
- edits tapes and assembles program sequences
Follow us on...Like us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Instagram