3992-11 Safety Inspector
Inspects machinery, equipment, working conditions and public places to ensure conformity with government and industry standards and regulations, in relation to occupational health and safety.
The entry requirement for this occupation is an AQF Diploma or higher qualification or at least 3 years relevant experience. In some instances relevant experience is required in addition to the formal qualification. Registration or licensing may be required.
- examines equipment specifications, and inspects and tests machinery, equipment and clothing to ensure conformity with safety standards and serviceability
- inspects factories and other work sites to ensure conformity with government and industry standards and regulations
- inspects public places and working conditions, investigates accidents, studies causes and recommends action
- inspects insured buildings, vehicles and commercial and industrial establishments to evaluate conditions and practices affecting insurance risk and to develop safety programs
- observes workers to ensure protective devices are being utilised according to regulations and that combustible and other hazardous materials are used and stored in accordance with approved procedures
- conducts tests in work areas to detect toxic fumes, explosive gas-air mixtures and other work hazards
- ensures fire prevention equipment and other safety supplies such as first aid kits, stretchers and blankets conform to standards
- assists in conducting safety meetings and campaigns, organises training in general safety principles in keeping with regulations
- may report unsafe conditions and careless actions of workers
Boilers and Pressure Vessels Inspector
Lifts and Cranes Inspector
Follow us on...Like us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Instagram