2536-19 Stage Manager
Plans, organises, supervises and coordinates the activities of workers responsible for placing set and properties, and operating lighting and sound equipment as part of dramatic productions.
The entry requirement for this occupation is a bachelor degree or higher qualification or at least 5 years relevant experience. This occupation requires high levels of creative talent or personal commitment and interest as well as, or in place of, formal qualifications or experience.
- confers with production personnel to determine production requirements
- interprets stage or set diagrams to determine layout
- carries out Art Director's instructions by supervising crew engaged in placing of scenery, equipment or properties
- implements instructions from Media Producers and Directors during course of production
- reads annotated script during rehearsals and performances and gives cues for lights, properties and sound effects using cue cards, hand signals and radio
- gives cues and directions to ensure that Actors, Singers or Dancers appear in the right place at the right time
- conducts production meetings and controls communications during productions
- administers running costs and petty cash float during rehearsals and performances
Follow us on...Like us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Instagram