5994-13 Insurance Investigator
Conducts investigations into insurance claims to ensure their validity.
The entry requirement for this occupation is an AQF Certificate III or higher qualification or at least 3 years relevant experience. In some instances relevant experience is required in addition to the formal qualification. Registration or licensing is required.
- inspects the scenes of accidents and other incidents to determine causes and effects
- interviews claimants to obtain details and information required to assess the validity of claims and identify the parties responsible for accidents, damage or loss
- interviews witnesses and prepares statements
- prepares reports on the findings of investigations
- may work undercover to gather information
- may perform surveillance
- may compile photographic evidence
Follow us on...Like us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Instagram