2534-13 Print Journalist
Collects and analyses facts about newsworthy events by interview, investigation or observation and writes stories for newspapers, magazines and journals.
The entry requirement for this occupation is a bachelor degree or higher qualification or at least 5 years relevant experience. In some instances relevant experience is required in addition to the formal qualification.
- researches and compiles news stories for newspapers, magazines and journals
- interviews people and observes events to obtain and verify facts and to develop leads for news items
- takes notes and reads publicity releases, copies of speeches or similar material to facilitate organisation and writing of story
- writes to meet deadline, referring to reference books, newspaper files or other sources to secure additional facts
- submits news stories for approval
- reads and evaluates news reports and suggestions for future stories
- critically discusses daily news topics in the editorial columns of newspapers and review books, films or plays
- may write particular segments of the publication, such as news commentaries or sports, fashion or educational segments
Follow us on...Like us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Instagram