Controls and manages the operation and maintenance of plant and equipment of ships.
The entry requirement for this occupation is commensurate with a bachelor degree or higher qualification and relevant experience in addition to the formal qualification. Registration or licensing is required.
- plans, controls and coordinates the operational and maintenance requirements of the ship's propulsion and domestic plant and equipment
- operates plant and equipment and performs routine maintenance on ship's systems such as mechanical, electrical, hydraulic, pneumatic, steam generating, compressed air, domestic water generating, sewerage, fire prevention and control systems
- stands engine room watches at sea and in port
- monitors machinery operation and records operating conditions
- coordinates tests on equipment and diagnoses faults
- monitors stock requirements including consumables, spare parts and tools
- accesses and records data about plant and equipment maintenance
- provides advice on operational or budget requirements for plant and equipment maintenance
- supervises engine room personnel
Follow us on...Like us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Instagram