3421-15 Residential Care Officer
Provides care and supervision for children or disabled persons in group housing or government institutions.
The entry requirement for this occupation is an AQF Diploma or higher qualification or at least 3 years relevant experience. In some instances relevant experience is required in addition to the formal qualification.
- ensures residents are washed, dressed, fed and ready for educational and recreational activities
- organises and participates in educational and recreational activities
- supervises residents during domestic activities such as dining and showering
- assists with social and living skills, and trains residents unable to live independently or work in open employment
- enforces behavioural standards, compile disciplinary reports and assist in implementing remedial measures
- may assist in serving meals and performing other housekeeping tasks
Follow us on...Like us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Instagram