4983-13 Gem Cutter and Polisher
Cuts, shapes and polishes rough gemstones to produce fashion or industrial jewels.
The entry requirement for this occupation is an AQF Certificate III or higher qualification.
- assesses job requirements and studies rough stones using magnifying equipment
- marks out cutting guidelines with ink and stylus
- cuts or divides stones to approximate final shape, using precision hand and power tools and jigs
- secures stones and shapes, cuts angles, smooths and polishes
- checks cutting progress and accuracy
- resecures cut stones and applies fine polishing equipment
- may polish stones in tumblers
Follow us on...Like us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Instagram