Special Education Teacher
Teaches primary and secondary school students with particular learning difficulties and promotes students' social, emotional, intellectual and physical development.
The entry requirement for this occupation is a bachelor degree or higher qualification. In some instances relevant experience is required in addition to the formal qualification. Registration or licensing is required.
- diagnoses learning difficulties in students in mainstream educational programs using a variety of techniques
- assesses students' abilities and limitations with regard to intellectual, physical, social or emotional handicaps, exceptional intellectual gifts, or specific problems of language and culture
- plans, organises and implements special programs to provide remedial tuition
- provides assistance to regular classroom teachers in designing teaching programs
- teaches students individually or in groups out of the regular classroom, or assists them within normal classroom settings
- monitors students' progress using a variety of observational and testing techniques
- provides advice concerning community services available to assist students with special difficulties
- may work with parents in a variety of training programs
- may work with gifted students
Teacher of Gifted Students
Follow us on...Like us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Instagram