Fabricates or repairs wooden furniture and fits and assembles prepared wooden parts to make furniture.
The entry requirement for this occupation is an AQF Certificate III or higher qualification.
- examines drawings, work orders or sample parts to determine specifications
- selects and works with materials such as timber, veneers, particle board and synthetic wood
- marks out, cuts and shapes wood
- works from drawings or specifications to make furniture
- makes fittings for boats, caravans or other items where fine detail is required
- assembles parts to form sections of furniture and completed articles
- fits hinges, locks, catches, drawers and shelves
- may repair and refurbish furniture and antiques
- may make frames for chairs and couches
Antique Furniture Reproducer
Antique Furniture Restorer
Chair and Couch Maker
Metal Furniture Maker
Follow us on...Like us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Instagram