3996-11 Retail Buyer
Selects and buys goods for resale in a retail establishment.
The entry requirement for this occupation is an AQF Diploma or higher qualification or at least 3 years relevant experience. In some instances relevant experience is required in addition to the formal qualification.
- monitors sales data and stock levels
- considers profitability, marketability and suitability of goods to fit company image
- inspects, compares and selects goods
- negotiates purchase, promotion and supply arrangements with suppliers
- designs and implements pricing, marketing, promotion and display strategies
- compiles budget requirements of departments under control
- liaises with management on long-term planning and sales promotions
- establishes working plans according to seasonal and budgetary requirements
- anticipates consumer trends and determines quantity, style and quality of goods to be purchased
- may specify original products, source raw materials and arrange manufacturing to specifications
Follow us on...Like us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Instagram