1221-11 Engineering Manager
Plans, administers and reviews engineering and technical operations.
The entry requirement for this unit group is a bachelor degree or higher qualification or at least 5 years relevant experience. In some instances, relevant experience is required in addition to the formal qualification.
- directs the formulation of engineering strategies, policies and plans
- ensures engineering standards of quality, cost, safety, timeliness and performance are observed
- interprets plans, drawings and specifications and provides advice on engineering methods and procedures to achieve construction and production requirements
- liaises with marketing, research and manufacturing managers concerning engineering aspects of new construction and product design
- establishes project and work schedules and budgets
- ensures conformity with specifications and plans and with laws, regulations and safety standards
- oversees maintenance requirements to optimise efficiency
- coordinates the activities of engineering staff and controls engineering staff selection and training
- may contribute to research and development projects
Follow us on...Like us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Instagram