Performs secretarial, stenographic and other administrative tasks in support of managers and professionals.
The entry requirement for this occupation is an AQF Certificate III or higher qualification or at least 3 years relevant experience. In some instances relevant experience is required in addition to the formal qualification.
- prepares reports, briefing notes, memoranda and correspondence, and proofreads work for typographical and grammatical errors
- processes incoming and outgoing mail, files correspondence and maintains records
- operates telephone switch, answers telephone calls and answers queries or redirects callers
- greets visitors, ascertains nature of business and conducts visitors to appropriate persons
- maintains appointment books and makes travel arrangements
- takes and transcribes dictation of letters and other documents
- liaises with other staff to arrange meetings and deliveries, or to gain or provide information
- may implement management decisions and maintain records of meetings
- may handle bookkeeping and petty cash functions
Follow us on...Like us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Instagram