UNIT GROUP 4125 METAL CASTING TRADESPERSONS
METAL CASTING TRADESPERSONS fabricate mould patterns and form sand moulds and cores for the production of metal castings.
The entry requirement for this unit group is an AQF Certificate III or higher qualification. In some instances relevant experience is required in addition to the formal qualification.
- cutting and shaping stock to form mould patterns
- filling boxes with sand and setting patterns in place
- pouring molten metal into moulds
- separating moulding boxes and removing patterns
- trimming, smoothing and shaping surfaces
- applying refractory paint and positioning cores in moulds
- finishing patterns by applying shellac, lacquer, paint or other finish
Follow us on...Like us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Instagram