Mixed Crop and Livestock Farmer
Plans, directs, coordinates and performs farming operations to breed and raise livestock and to grow crops.
The entry requirement for this occupation is a bachelor degree or higher qualification or at least 5 years relevant experience. In some instances relevant experience is required in addition to the formal qualification.
- breeds and raises livestock for meat, milk, wool, skins, and other animal products and grows grain, seed crops, vegetables, fruit and other crops
- plans and implements breeding programs
- monitors and maintains health of stock
- provides pastures and fodder to maintain appropriate nutritional levels
- selects and purchases seed for planting
- directs and oversees general farming activities such as fertilising, pest and weed control
- maintains farm buildings, fences, equipment and water supply systems
- organises the sale, purchase and transportation of livestock and other produce
- maintains and evaluates records of farming activities, monitors market activity and plans production accordingly
- manages business capital, including budgeting, taxation, debt and loan management
- may select, train and supervise staff and contractors
Follow us on...Like us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Instagram