2549-15 Patents Examiner
Investigates and reports on patent applications to assess their compliance with the requirements of the Patents Act.
The entry requirement for this occupation is a bachelor degree or higher qualification or at least 5 years relevant experience. In some instances relevant experience is required in addition to the formal qualification. Registration or licensing may be required.
- examines patent applications to assess compliance with the Australian Patents Act
- ensures patent applications do not infringe on previous patents
- searches on-line databases to discover similar patents held in Australia and overseas
- grants patent rights for inventions based on new technology
- reports findings to patent applicants or their legal representatives
- may supervise clerical or other office staff
Follow us on...Like us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Instagram