Industrial Relations Officer
Assists in resolving disputes by advising on industrial relations policies and problems, and representing industrial, commercial, union, employer or other organisations in negotiations.
The entry requirement for this occupation is a bachelor degree or higher qualification or at least 5 years relevant experience. In some instances relevant experience is required in addition to the formal qualification.
- undertakes negotiations on terms and conditions of employment, wage structures, employee status and other industrial matters
- studies and interprets legislation, awards and agreements, wage payment systems and dispute settlement procedures
- researches, develops and implements enterprise agreements, including productivity-based wage adjustment procedures
- undertakes or assists in the development, planning and formulation of employee relations policies, programs and procedures for implementation
- advises on negotiating procedures, regulations relating to employment, and arbitration decisions
- oversees the formation and conduct of workplace consultative committees and employee participation initiatives
- may appear as an advocate before industrial tribunals
- may contribute to decisions concerning the provision of staff amenities
- may develop and review profit share and employee share plans
Trade Union Official
Follow us on...Like us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Instagram