Provides specialist medical services to children from birth up to and including adolescence.
The entry requirement for this occupation is a bachelor degree or higher qualification, one years hospital-based training, and at least 5 years specialist study and training. Registration or licensing is required.
- diagnoses, treats, manages and prevents medical and developmental disorders in children and adolescents
- promotes positive health and disease prevention in childhood and adolescence
- advises on immunisation against communicable diseases
- advises about preventative health practices
- liaises with other health, education and welfare agencies
- may practice as a general paediatrician or specialise in areas such as paediatric oncology, paediatric cardiology or paediatric neurology
Paediatric Thoracic Physician
Follow us on...Like us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Instagram