4216-11 Vehicle Trimmer
Installs, repairs and replaces the interior trim of vehicles, such as seats, linings, floor coverings and door trims.
The entry requirement for this occupation is an AQF Certificate III or higher qualification. Registration or licensing may be required.
- prepares new vehicle trim work according to drawings and sketches
- removes old coverings or fittings from used vehicles and takes new measurements of trim requirements
- selects and cuts out pieces of fabric, vinyl or leather using shears or electrical cutting tools
- sews pieces together using heavy-duty sewing machines
- installs internal trim in vehicles such as lining, floor coverings and armrests
- attaches door trims, rubber seals, locks and handles
Follow us on...Like us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Instagram