2129-13 Agricultural Engineer
Performs and supervises engineering work related to the use and development of agricultural land, buildings, machinery and equipment.
The entry requirement for this occupation is a bachelor degree or higher qualification. In some instances relevant experience is required in addition to the formal qualification. Registration or licensing may be required.
- plans and directs construction of rural electric-power distribution systems, and irrigation, drainage, and flood-control systems for soil and water conservation
- designs, develops and supervises the manufacture of agricultural machinery and equipment
- determines layouts and supervises the construction of farm buildings, crop processing plant and equipment, and systems for animals and animal products
- designs and uses sensing, measuring, and recording devices and instrumentation to study such problems as effects of temperature, humidity, and light on plants or animals, or relative effectiveness of different methods of applying insecticides
- designs and supervises installation of equipment and instruments used to evaluate and process farm products, and to automate agricultural operations
Follow us on...Like us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Instagram