UNIT GROUP 8113 SWITCHBOARD OPERATORS
SWITCHBOARD OPERATORS operate telecommunication switchboards and consoles to assist callers establish telephone connections or to receive customer inquiries or fault reports.
The entry requirement for this unit group is completion of compulsory secondary education or higher qualification.
- operating switchboards and consoles to connect, hold, transfer and disconnect telephone calls
- responding to callers' inquiries by providing information such as telephone numbers, dialling codes, call costs, time delays and service difficulties
- investigating operating system problems and informing maintenance services
- alerting emergency services when required
- recording details and determining charges for designated types of calls
- handling inquiries from customers regarding service issues, fault reports and other operational information
Follow us on...Like us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Instagram