UNIT GROUP 7291 PLASTICS PRODUCTION MACHINE OPERATORS
PLASTICS PRODUCTION MACHINE OPERATORS operate machines to manufacture and finish plastic products by extruding, moulding, mixing, drawing, embossing, laminating, welding, cutting and other processes.
The entry requirement for this unit group is an AQF Certificate II or higher qualification or at least 1 years relevant experience. In some instances relevant experience is required in addition to the formal qualification.
- measuring and loading materials, items or ingredients for mixing into machine or feeding mechanisms
- operating controls to regulate temperature, pressure, speed and flow of operation
- monitoring operation and regulating material supply or adding chemicals and colourants to mixture
- examining output for defects and conformity to specifications
- performing minor repairs and maintaining production records
- threading uncoated wire or cable through plastic coating machines and around take-up reels or through dies and cooling chambers and fastening ends to take-up reels
Follow us on...Like us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Instagram