UNIT GROUP 1313 CROP FARMERS
CROP FARMERS plan, direct, coordinate and perform farming operations to grow crops.
The entry requirement for this unit group is a bachelor degree or higher qualification or at least 5 years relevant experience. In some instances relevant experience is required in addition to the formal qualification.
- planning and managing the production and marketing of crops such as grain, sugar cane, tobacco, fruit and nuts, vegetables and flowers from soil preparation to harvest taking into account environmental and market factors
- selecting and planting seeds, seedlings, bulbs and grafting new varieties to root stocks
- maintaining the crop by cultivation, de-budding, pruning and maintaining optimal growing conditions
- organising and conducting farming operations such as collecting, storing, grading and packaging produce and organising the sale, purchase and transportation of produce
- directing and overseeing general farming activities such as fertilising, pest and weed control and maintaining farm buildings, fences, equipment and water supply systems
- managing business capital, maintaining and evaluating records of farming activities, monitoring market activity and planning crop preparation and production to meet contract requirements and market demand
Follow us on...Like us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Instagram