2382-11 Hospital Pharmacist
Prepares and dispenses pharmaceuticals, drugs and medicines in hospital pharmacies.
The entry requirement for this occupation is a bachelor degree or higher qualification. Registration or licensing is required.
- reviews prescriptions to ensure that correct doses have been prescribed, and that the substances prescribed are compatible
- prepares or supervises the preparation of liquid medicines, ointments, powders, tablets and other medications
- compounds prescribed medicines, packages and labels them, and issues them in accordance with strict control procedures
- maintains stocks and orders supplies of drugs and medicines and maintains inventories of pharmaceuticals
- maintains control records of narcotics, poisons and habit forming drugs
- stores and preserves vaccines, serums and other drugs
- provides advice and information on the use and effects of medications
- advises medical practitioners on drug incompatibility and contra-indications
- may supervise others and manage the pharmacy as a business
Follow us on...Like us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Instagram