7913-13 Steel Fixer
Positions and secures steel bars or steel mesh in concrete forms to reinforce concrete structures.
The entry requirement for this occupation is an AQF Certificate II or higher qualification or at least 1 years relevant experience. Registration or licensing may be required.
- determines size, shape, quantity and location of reinforcing metal according to drawings or verbal instructions
- selects, cuts and bends metal bars
- assembles bars in concrete forms
- welds or wires bars in place
- measures, cuts, bends and fits welded wire mesh in areas to be mesh-reinforced
- fixes mesh and reinforcing steel into position in formwork for concrete pours
- may work in concrete plants, in areas of prestressing, post-stressing and tensioning using hydraulic jacks and tensioning mechanisms
Follow us on...Like us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Instagram