UNIT GROUP 2422 VOCATIONAL EDUCATION TEACHERS
VOCATIONAL EDUCATION TEACHERS teach one or more subjects within a prescribed course of study at a technical and further education (TAFE) institution or other training institute to tertiary students for vocational education and training purposes.
The entry requirement for this unit group is a bachelor degree or higher qualification or a post-graduate diploma in adult education. In some instances relevant industry and vocational education experience is required in addition to the formal qualification.
- teaching students through the presentation of lesson materials, discussions, workshop and laboratory sessions and the use of audio-visual aids and other classroom resources
- preparing, administering and marking activities to assess students' competencies
- providing feedback to students on progress and advising students on courses and related matters
- liaising with industry to keep up to date with current practice
- consulting with Librarians, Student Counsellors, Education Managers and other support staff
Follow us on...Like us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Instagram