UNIT GROUP 9213 MEAT AND FISH PROCESS WORKERS
MEAT AND FISH PROCESS WORKERS perform routine tasks slaughtering livestock and poultry, eviscerating and trimming carcasses, and processing, grading and packing fish and shellfish.
The entry requirement for this unit group is completion of compulsory secondary education or higher qualification.
- stunning and shackling livestock for processing
- operating switching controls to direct and drop carcasses of beef or meat cuts from supply rails to boning tables
- cutting meat to separate meat, fat and tissue from around bones
- cutting sides or quarters of meat into standard meat cuts such as rumps, flanks and shoulders and removing internal fat, blood clots, bruises and other matter to prepare them for packing and marketing
- removing viscera and residual material from poultry carcasses or fish
- grading and packing poultry, fish or shellfish
Follow us on...Like us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Instagram