Arranges and conducts funerals.
The entry requirement for this occupation is an AQF Diploma or higher qualification or at least 3 years relevant experience. In some instances relevant experience is required in addition to the formal qualification. Registration or licensing may be required.
- interviews families and associates of the deceased to advise on funeral arrangements such as the selection of coffin, type of service and publication of death notices
- advises on funeral costs and welfare provisions
- coordinates and supervises staff and makes funeral arrangements
- collects bodies from mortuaries
- ensures death certificates have been issued, burial and cremation certificates processed and that other legal requirements are met
- prepares bodies for viewing and burial, by washing, draining body fluids, applying padding and cosmetics, dressing bodies and placing them in coffins
- liaises with clergy and cemetery and crematorium staff
- coordinates the movement of coffins and funeral cars, arranges floral displays and collects attendance and tribute cards
- keeps records and accounts of transactions and services performed
- may arrange the construction of memorials and the disposal of ashes
- may provide specialist embalming services
Follow us on...Like us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Instagram