4111-11 General Mechanical Engineering Tradesperson
Machines, fits, assembles and repairs metal parts, sub-assemblies and manufactured parts using a range of processes, tools and machines.
The entry requirement for this occupation is an AQF Certificate III or higher qualification.
- reads and interprets drawings and specifications
- sets up and adjusts metalworking machines and equipment
- operates machines to produce parts or tools by turning, boring, milling, planing, shaping, slotting, grinding or drilling metal stock or components
- fits and assembles metal parts, tools or sub-assemblies, including welding or brazing parts
- cuts, threads, bends and installs fluid power pipes and lines
- checks accuracy and quality of finished parts, tools or sub-assemblies
- fabricates tools, dies, plastic moulds and jigs, or lays out and finishes cavities in die blocks
- dismantles faulty tools and assemblies and repairs or replaces defective parts
- may control electroplating processes and maintains solutions to coat metal articles or other parts with non-ferrous metals
- may program, set up and operate computer and numerically controlled machines
Follow us on...Like us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Instagram