4214-11 Vehicle Painter
Prepares surfaces of vehicles, matches and mixes colours and applies paint.
The entry requirement for this occupation is an AQF Certificate III or higher qualification. Registration or licensing may be required.
- removes rough spots on vehicle panels
- sands surfaces by hand or with power sanders
- covers area not to be painted with masking tape and paper
- colour matches and mixes paints to match paint shades, or selects pre-mixed paint
- applies primer and finish coats using spray guns, and rubs down surfaces between coats
- touches up paintwork and applies polish to vehicles
- removes masking papers, waxes and polishes finished paintwork
- may paint signs or artwork on vehicles
- may treat vehicles with rust-proofing chemicals
Follow us on...Like us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Instagram