3212-19 Insurance Broker
Operates as an independent agent to sell life, fire, accident, industrial and marine insurance for a range of insurance companies.
The entry requirement for this occupation is an AQF Diploma or higher qualification or at least 3 years relevant experience. In some instances relevant experience is required in addition to the formal qualification. Registration or licensing may be required.
- compiles lists of prospective clients from directories and other sources
- makes contact with prospective clients to seek interviews and gauge interest
- interviews prospective clients to explain insurance policy conditions, risks covered, premium rates and benefits, and to make recommendations on the amount and type of cover
- researches and reviews available insurance products to ensure the most appropriate are offered to clients
- markets their services to increase client base
- may collect premiums and keep records of payments, including appropriate commissions
Follow us on...Like us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Instagram