Pours, spreads, smooths and finishes concrete for structures such as floors, stairs, ramps, footpaths and bridges.
The entry requirement for this occupation is completion of compulsory secondary education or higher qualification.
- erects concrete form work and lays steel reinforcing
- pours, spreads and levels concrete using screeds or templates
- operates trowelling machines to float, trowel and polish concrete surfaces
- tamps, smooths, shapes and seals concrete
- installs fixtures in concrete, such as anchor bolts, steel plates and door sills
- wets concrete and rubs with abrasives to finish vertical surfaces
- covers concrete with plastic sheeting and sand to cure it
- cuts lines in concrete using power cutters
- forms expansion joints and edges using edging tools, jointers, and straight-edges
- may cover freshly poured concrete with colouring powders and other materials
Follow us on...Like us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Instagram