4115-13 Watch and Clock Maker and Repairer
Makes, repairs, cleans and adjusts watches and clocks.
The entry requirement for this occupation is an AQF Certificate III or higher qualification.
- examines timepieces to determine sources of malfunctions
- disassembles, repairs and reassembles timepieces fitting and adjusting parts as required
- diagnoses faults and repairs or replaces defective parts using hand tools and specialised equipment
- lubricates moving parts and demagnetises mechanisms
- replaces watch and clock faces
- sets and checks timing
- may estimate costs and prepare quotes for repairs
- may make new timepieces
Follow us on...Like us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Instagram