UNIT GROUP 7294 WOOD PROCESSING MACHINE OPERATORS
WOOD PROCESSING MACHINE OPERATORS operate sawing and other machines to make logs or cut them into poles or timber pieces; and operate machinery such as rollers and presses to make plywood, particleboard, solid laminate or similar timber products.
The entry requirement for this unit group is an AQF Certificate II or higher qualification or at least 1 years relevant experience. In some instances relevant experience is required in addition to the formal qualification.
- securing timber into place and setting saw to produce specified sizes of plank or board to be cut
- starting machines and feeding stock onto cutting saw or operating automatic feed mechanisms
- raising or lowering saws to trim boards and remove defects such as rot and splits
- controlling lathes and slicing machinery to produce veneers and laminating veneer using glue
- verifying dimensions of stock cut and accuracy of cuts
- checking saws and other equipment for safety, sharpness and correct functioning
Follow us on...Like us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Instagram