7914-13 Home Improvements Installer
Installs functional and decorative home improvements such as awnings, curtains, blinds, flyscreens, garage doors, exterior cladding, shower screens and prefabricated windows and doors.
The entry requirement for this occupation is an AQF Certificate II or higher qualification or at least 1 years relevant experience. Registration or licensing may be required.
- examines specifications and work sites to plan installations
- measures and marks locations for frame, brackets or hinges
- drills holes in wood, brick, stone or fibrous structures
- drives expansion shields into holes in brick or stone to receive lag bolts
- bolts, screws or nails frame fittings into place
- fits frames and home improvements to structures and fastens them into position
- attaches and adjusts mechanical fittings, such as cranks, locks and pull-cords
- installs flashing and weatherproofing to fittings such as awnings, shower screens, and prefabricated windows and doors
- may provide quotations for home improvement installations
Security Door Installer
Shower Screen Installer
Follow us on...Like us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Instagram