6211-15 Sales Representative (Builder's and Plumber's Supplies)
Represents companies in selling builders' timber, hardware and supplies to retail or wholesale establishments.
The entry requirement for this occupation is an AQF Certificate II or higher qualification or at least 1 years relevant experience.
- promotes and sells products such as paint, plaster, builders' tools, wire, timber, plumbing and electrical supplies, and wood products
- uses retail directories and other sources to compile lists of prospective customers
- visits regular and prospective customers to establish selling opportunities
- quotes prices and credit terms, records orders, and arranges deliveries
- follows up customers to ensure satisfaction with products purchased, and resolves any problems arising
- monitors customers' changing needs and competitor activity, and reports on these developments to sales or marketing management
- prepares sales reports, and maintains and submits records of business expenses incurred
Follow us on...Like us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Instagram