1294-81 Trainee Commissioned Defence Force Officer
Studies and trains as a member of the Australian Defence Force within a structured training and assessment program to obtain the knowledge and skills required to perform the tasks of a Commissioned Defence Force Officer.
The entry requirement for this occupation is the equivalent of successful completion of Year 12 with passes in suitable subjects, and to have been selected by a Defence Force Selection Board.
- learns the relationship between foreign policy and defence policy and the process by which national defence strategy is developed
- learns to respond appropriately to government policy objectives
- learns to prepare and execute operational and tactical plans during war and peace to achieve objectives set by headquarters and commanding officers
- learns management skills to provide an ability to manage defence force organisational units
- learns basic tactical skills appropriate to the member's service for the defence of Australia and Australia's interests
- learns leadership skills to command subordinates to achieve objectives in dangerous and stressful situations
- learns to operate defence force weapons and equipment
- learns to plan and conduct firing practices safely and in accordance with Defence Force instructions
- participates in ceremonial duties
Officer Cadet (Air Force)
Staff Cadet (Army)
Follow us on...Like us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Instagram