Designs buildings or advises on the procurement of buildings, provides concepts, plans, specifications and detailed drawings, and negotiates with builders.
The entry requirement for this occupation is a bachelor degree or higher qualification and relevant experience in addition to the formal qualification. Registration is required.
- obtains advice from clients or management to determine type, style and size of buildings or alterations
- provides information regarding designs, materials and estimated building times
- prepares project documentation, including sketches and scale drawings, and integrates structural, mechanical and aesthetic elements in final designs
- writes specifications and contract documents for use by builders and calls tenders on behalf of clients
- consults with a range of engineers and experts in the fields of environmental design
- develops feasibility studies jointly with quantity surveyors and other workers
- inspects and oversees construction work to ensure compliance with specifications
- may specialise in the design of commercial, industrial, institutional, residential or recreational buildings or in conservation architecture
- may supervise and coordinate the work of architectural associates
- may use computer-assisted design software and equipment to prepare project designs and documentation
Follow us on...Like us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Instagram