UNIT GROUP 4212 AUTOMOTIVE ELECTRICIANS
AUTOMOTIVE ELECTRICIANS install, maintain and repair electrical wiring and electronic components in motor vehicles.
The entry requirement for this unit group is an AQF Certificate III or higher qualification. In some instances relevant experience is required in addition to the formal qualification.
- installing electrical equipment and electronic components in motor vehicles
- using test equipment to locate electrical and electronic malfunctions
- adjusting engine control systems and timing
- testing and replacing defective alternators, generators, voltage regulators and starter motors
- repairing or replacing faulty ignition and electrical wiring, and defective parts, such as fuses, lamps and switches
Follow us on...Like us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Instagram