4114-13 Aircraft Maintenance Engineer (Structures)
Inspects, disassembles and reassembles aircraft structures, and repairs and replaces components of aircraft frames.
The entry requirement for this occupation is an AQF Certificate III or higher qualification. Registration or licensing is required.
- positions parts and sub-assemblies such as fuselage, wing or tail components, fuel tanks, landing gear, safety systems and internal fittings on working surfaces, part-assembled airframes or assembly jigs, using hoists
- lays out and marks reference points or guidelines, and aligns parts
- assembles parts and sub-assemblies
- supervises welding of components
- verifies alignments, clearances and quality of finish after final assembly, by visual inspection and measurement, and rectifies faults
- replaces and repairs worn and damaged structural parts
- maintains records of action taken
Follow us on...Like us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Instagram