UNIT GROUP 2536 FILM, TELEVISION, RADIO AND STAGE DIRECTORS
FILM, TELEVISION, RADIO AND STAGE DIRECTORS direct the overall or specific aspects of the production of film, television, radio and stage productions.
The entry requirement for this unit group is a bachelor degree or higher qualification or at least 5 years relevant experience. Some occupations in this unit group require high levels of creative talent or personal commitment and interest as well as, or in place of, formal qualifications or experience.
- studying scripts or scenarios to determine theme and setting
- assessing staging requirements for productions in association with specialist designers
- oversighting creative aspects of film, television, radio or stage productions
- determining lighting, film, shutter angles, filter factors, camera distance, depth of field and focus, angles of view and other variables
- viewing processed film or video tape, to evaluate and select scenes and determine which scenes need to be re-shot
- carrying out art directors instructions by supervising crew engaged in placing of scenery, equipment or properties
- planning and organising the preparation and presentation of programs
- assessing technical requirements of productions by studying scripts and discussing program content, set locations and stage directions with production team
Follow us on...Like us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Instagram