1222-11 Production Manager (Manufacturing)
Plans, administers and reviews the manufacturing activities of an organisation to optimise resource use, minimise costs and maintain quality standards.
The entry requirement for this occupation is a bachelor degree or higher qualification or at least 5 years relevant experience. In some instances relevant experience is required in addition to the formal qualification.
- plans production policy in consultation with other managers
- plans details of production activity in terms of output quality and quantity, cost, time available, and labour requirements
- prepares work programs to achieve planned production and directs production control activities
- controls use of production plant facilities through planning of maintenance, designation of operating hours and supply of parts and tools
- coordinates and directs quality control procedures, and the implementation of safety requirements, and ensures statutory requirements are met
- directs research into new and improved production methods and products
- controls the preparation of production records and reports
- gives advice and information on production to other managers and clients
- recommends and implements initiatives such as new techniques and products, purchases of new machinery and changes in staff levels
- controls, directs and monitors production staff, organises staff selection, training, development and utilisation
Plant Manager (Manufacturing)
Works Manager (Manufacturing)
Follow us on...Like us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Instagram