6399-15 Animal Attendant
Feeds, waters, exercises and cares for animals and birds in restricted environments such as zoos, circuses, kennels, veterinary clinics and research establishments.
The entry requirement for this occupation is an AQF Certificate II or higher qualification or at least 1 years relevant experience.
- cleans and disinfects animal cages and enclosures
- feeds animals and birds
- bathes and grooms animals
- treats minor injuries and reports serious conditions to veterinarians
- inspects animal cages
- transfers animals between enclosures by leading or carrying them, or by opening and closing doors between cages
- dusts and sprays insecticides on animals and birds to control insect pests, or immerses them in insecticide baths
- positions and restrains animals for veterinary treatment
- may, under the direction of trained staff, perform veterinary procedures such as giving injections or medication to animals
Follow us on...Like us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Instagram