3491-11 Ambulance Officer
Provides specialised transport services and emergency health care for injured, sick, infirm and aged persons.
The entry requirement for this occupation is an AQF Diploma or higher qualification or at least 3 years relevant experience. In some instances relevant experience is required in addition to the formal qualification. Registration or licensing is required.
- attends accidents and emergencies
- assesses health of patients and determines need for assistance
- liaises with hospital staff about patients' condition
- provides pre-hospital care and transports patients to medical facilities
- resuscitates patients and operates life-support equipment
- administers drugs according to protocol
- transports sick and disabled persons to and from centres of specialised treatment or rehabilitation
- instructs community groups and essential service workers in first aid
- attends public gatherings and sporting events where accidents and other health emergencies may occur
- may consult with medical and emergency professionals about type of care and assistance
Follow us on...Like us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Instagram