3492-13 Dental Hygienist
Carries out preventative therapy related to dental hygiene under the direction of dentists.
The entry requirement for this occupation is an AQF Diploma or higher qualification or at least 3 years relevant experience. In some instances relevant experience is required in addition to the formal qualification.
- instructs patients in dental health and hygiene
- applies and removes periodontal packs
- selects, applies and removes orthodontic bands
- issues pre- and post-operative instructions to patients
- removes sutures
- applies therapeutic agents and fissure sealants to teeth
- scales, polishes and root planes teeth
- polishes dental restorations
- takes impressions for mouthguard construction
- may assist with dental radiography
Follow us on...Like us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Instagram